As the year comes to an end and the festive season is upon us, it’s a great opportunity to stop and take stock.
Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection – Winston Churchill
Here are some reflection questions to help you get started:
- What are most proud of from 2016?
- What did you achieve?
- How did you help others? And what did that do for them?
- How did you use your strengths? When and where?
- What didn’t go to plan and what was good with that? (Yes, that’s a very important question because the toughest moments can lead to the greatest learnings)
- How will you celebrate everything you have done and achieved?
- How will you take your learnings from 2016 into 2017?
In fact, this is not just for the end of the year, we need to spend more time in reflection mode throughoutthe year as well. With our busy lifestyles we tend to rush onto the next thing without really appreciating what and how we have achieved.
So consider including that as a success habit for 2017.
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate – Oprah Winfrey
Once you have thought about the questions above, put your energy into how you are going to celebrate all that greatness!
Focus on your strengths and celebrate those strengths too.
Take a moment (or two!) to feel good. This is a perfect time of year to celebrate so go ahead enjoy the festive season.
You deserve it!
About the authors
Mandy Flint & Elisabet Vinberg Hearn, award-winning authors of ”The Team Formula”.
Their latest book ”Leading Teams – 10 Challenges: 10 Solutions” is out now, published by Financial Times International. You can download a free chapter of the book at www.leadingteamsbook.com
Praise for ”Leading Teams: ”This book is a 21st-century guide on how to build a world-class team. I highly recommend it” Steve Siebold, Founder, Mental Toughness University, Florida USA.